Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Achievement Unlocked

Oh, hey. It's been a while. How have you been? Good? Good, good. Sigh Me? Oh, I've been... okay. Just been super busy. Feeling crushed, I guess. I mean, I guess I deserve some of it for not working and getting stuff done on time... Yeah.

Anyway.

So, in my busy busy times, some pretty cool things have been happening! First of all, I finally found the time to actually beat Portal 2 (I've had the game for about 6 months but I haven't played it a lot.) Kind of cool. I thought the game was really fun. I've been told that if I actually would have played Portal, I would have enjoyed the storyline a lot more. I really enjoyed the storyline, but, he was probably right. Maybe I'll just play it backwards. I don't know. But I really thought it was fun, and the last few levels were pretty difficult, but I eventually figured it all out.

Another thing. The Omaha Public Power District (the biggest power district in Nebraska that kind of branches throughout the state) is having a video contest called Project Greenflick. First place is $1,000, second is $500, and third is $200. All of the prizes are split in half going toward the school and half to the creators of the video. Of course, I'm entering (with some help). The video is called Saving Energy and it features me, and my two partners, Catherine and Haley. It's a stop motion animation and it took a lot of work to do. One of the perks of the contest is that OPPD is having a "Fan Favorite" vote and the winner of that gets $100. The "Fan Favorite" is where people vote for their favorite video on Facebook. Then winner, as said before, gets $100. So, can I get some help on winning? I know it's super early and voting hasn't started, but you can vote for the videos on OPPD's Facebook Page when voting begins. It begins on October 14 and ends October 27. Vote every day and hopefully we can win! I'll post the video here when I enter it.

Third thing. It's homecoming season! I get to march in a dumb parade with the band and I'm not going to the dance. Next thing.

Speaking of the band, our first competition is coming up and, as it would turn out, we're trying to incorporate a story for the first time. The story has little monologues in between each song and guess who is taking care of them? Me! So now, when we get this year's t-shirt, I can go under as "Frontline Section Leader" and "Sound Technician" or something cool like that. I'm really excited for that.

Finally, I managed to find enough time to post something to update you people. Are you happy now?

Just kidding, I love you guys.

What sucks about all this is I've done so many difficult and cool things, but I'm still swamped with stupid stuff that actually matters.


Well, would you look at that...




Anyway, still working on uploading AdventureLand stuff and I could still use some ideas. Check out how to give me ideas here.

Also, I could use some more eyes on my blog! I'm trying to sign up for review sites where I can actually get paid for the blog, but I need more viewers. So please, spread the word about my blog! Tweet about it, post it on Facebook, do whatever you can!

Thank you guys for sticking with me through all this!

1 comment:

  1. Rock on Andrew - I look forward to more achievements to follow.

    ReplyDelete