Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Band and Greenflick

So, we had our band competition last night. It was a lot of fun to perform in and so cool to see all the other schools and what they have for this year. I think our band performed amazingly, and it was good to show the other schools in the area what we're made of.

One of the best parts about these band competitions is the fact that you see SO many people that you know from places like middle school and band things you've done around the city. In this specific competition, we were kind of hosting it so I (being drum major lackey) was doing all the work that we had to do while there were no officials there. At one point, I'm getting a extension cord for the bands to use if they have a sound system or something, and a band comes over and asks if they can check the sound. Well, out of the four students there, I knew two of them. So we kind of chatted as they tested everything, and then, while they were headed back to their band and me to my band, I ran into about 7 people within 50 feet. It was awesome!

I'm really excited to see these schools perform more and I'm also excited to surprise them with a little secret we've been working on behind-the-scenes. Shhh... :)


Also, our Project Greenflick video is up! You get to see what I look like. (Yay....) Anyway, it should be up soon and if it's not, check back later. But, voting begins October 14, so make sure you vote daily for our video so we can win this! You want to check out our video? Why, of course! You can check it out here or go to the OPPD Facebook Page, go to Project Greenflick, See Entries, and ours is titled "Saving Energy." Please vote for our video when the voting begins on October 14. We would be ecstatic if we won this competition!



That's all I have for today! Thoughtful Thursday tomorrow, still haven't gotten Adventureland pictures loaded but I should have them soon, be sure to share this blog with your friends, it's really nice to get the views, and I'll see you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment